- Tropical Storm Ian has developed into a hurricane, the National Hurricane Center announced Monday.
- Cuba and Jamaica are expected to be affected, with heavy rains and possible flash floods.
- According to official authorities, a flood warning has been issued for the Cayman Islands.
- Films on social media have shown strong winds and rain affecting the Cayman Islands.
- Palm Harbor, Florida, has research on energy outages.
- Hurricane Ian is expected to develop into a Category 4 hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico later this week, with the potential to generate a life-threatening storm surge and possibly heavy rain and flooding on Florida’s west coast.
Watch for live updates below…
Caribbean storm triggers flood warning in Florida